2010年12月9日星期四

this pack of Rado replica watches competitors

But don’t be fooled by the facade; this pack of Rado replica watches competitors is one of the saltiest in the lower 48. Run enough Dipseas and you’ll soon recognize the cherubic seven-year-old as the veteran road warrior who will burn you in the chute. And that smiling grandpa stretching in the purple jumpsuit? He’s really sizing up the crowd with vulture-like intensity. These people aren’t here to mingle. They’re out for blood. A unique system in place since 1983 varies starting times according to age and gender, so racers as old as 70 and as young as eight have claimed victory here. There are also two waves of competitors--invitational and runner--and the race allows participants to take short cuts throughout the course.

All of this makes for one of the kookiest, most suspenseful races in the country.When the gun sounds, I’m off. Whether its the altitude training in Santa Fe or my A Lange & Sohne replica watches wounded pride, something is working and Im covering ground fast, like a moderately graceful, somewhat stocky mountain goat. After 15Dipseas, the course is etched in my mind, starting with the more than 680 stairs that look to be from an M.C. Escher drawing, to the root-riddled climb through Muir Woods, and the slow grind up Medevac-worthy Cardiac. And then, for a moment, theres the dazzling, hazy, salt-perfumed greatness of the Pacific Ocean spread out underneath like a dream. Butit quickly disappears on the way to the ankle-snapping potholes of Swoop’s Hollow and Steep Ravine.

Even as I fight the urge to puke, I know I’m the closest I’ll ever get to flying. And thats when I understand. Ive found what Dipsea runners have sought since the Technomarine replica watches beginning; proof I am worthy of the mountain.I catch the briny smell of kelp and go for the final push down Highway 101 to the parking lot of Stinson Beach. At the chute, among the crowds my dad is waiting for me. I show him my stopwatch.“No way,” he says, before swearing. I’ve beaten him by six minutes. When I tell himhe should lay off all those PBRs, his eyes darken.

没有评论:

发表评论